linen tie up top// depop $10
silk slip dress // depop // $15
my sunday feeling flares // depop $15
001. Welcome to a new series on the blog I'm calling Fair Fashion Finds. Essentially, it's me showcasing a few pieces of clothing I have picked up from ethical and sustainable sources. The aim of this is to SHARE valuable information about where and how you can source funky clothes that still look after the earth. I'm going to prove just how easy it is! I don't plan on this being a super regular series, because I am trying not to buy things ALL THE TIME (which is surprisingly hard in this consumerist culture). Although, I've definitely slipped up lately and figured it would be great time to start the project!
002. I am head-over-heels in love with all of these purchases and know that they will be very loved in my wardrobe. The flares are from one of my favourite labels ever called My Sunday Feeling, which no longer is in production, so they are either usually super expensive or super hard to come by. When I managed to find these for only $15 my mind was blown! I will be honest, they aren't in perfect condition, there are a couple of snags and tiny holes, but I am planning on wearing these at festivals and running around fields in them, so the slight wear 'n' tear doesn't concern me at all. The other two items came from the same seller- a super flattering tie up linen top and a 100% silk vintage slip-shaped dress. Both are in perfect condition and are lovely little essential basic pieces which will work with everything already in my wardrobe.
003. Everything in this post was purchased through the app called Depop. Essentially Depop is what you would get if Instagram and eBay had a baby- secondhand, affordable, funky threads which are aesthetically pleasing to look at and navigate. I love love love this app! If you are new to world of Depop it can be overwhelming to navigate or understand, so I'm going to let you in on a few of my insider tips.
- use key search terms that fit your style or favourite brand
an example of terms I usually search are linen, tie, flare, festival, bell, denim, overalls etc.
- set the search to only Australian sellers
this is because I am ALWAYS on a budget and Australian shipping is super cheap, if you are on the hunt for one-off-gem turn this off to search worldwide
- message the seller to check it's still available / tell them you are interested
depending on how recently it was listed or if the seller hasn't been active for a while, this is the safe thing to do before actually purchasing, and can open doors to ask questions about the sizing etc. if you are concerned
- use a PayPal account
purchasing through PayPal gives you all the buyer protection policies, just in case something unlikely ends up happening
- check regularly
if you are really on the hunt for something, search your key terms regularly because newly listed items can get snatched up really quick if they are something rare/funky/labelled/cheap etc.
004. I hope this helps you with your secondhand search and encourages you to try supporting the endless ethical, sustainable and earth saving fashion options that are out there.